Teignbridge‘s motorists will have seven road closures to avoid nearby on the National Highways network this week.
And two of them are expected to cause delays of between 10 and 30 minutes.
The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that five closures already in place are expected to carry on this week:
• A38, from 7pm April 11 to 6am August 15, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): A38 eastbound, Drumbridges to Chudleigh carriageway closures for drainage works, diversion via A382, B3195 and B3193 or A382 and A380 for through traffic to Exeter.
• A38, from 6am January 26 to 8pm August 25, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A38 westbound, Chudleigh narrow lanes and 50 mph speed limit for drainage works.
• A38, from 7pm May 12 to 6am August 26, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A38 westbound, Splatford Split, Kennford to Clay Lane, Heathfield carriageway closures for drainage works, diversion via A380 and A383 to Goodstone Cross.
• A38, from 7am June 6 to 6pm September 23, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A38 eastbound, Dart Bridge entry slip road 24hr closure and narrow lanes for horticultural works. Diversion via minor road to Peartree.
And a further two closures will begin over the next seven days:
• A38, from 7pm June 27 to 6am July 28, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): A38 eastbound, Goodstone exit slip road closure for carriageway improvements, diversion via A38 eastbound to Drumbridges, A382 and A383.
• A38, from 8pm June 27 to 4am June 28, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A38 eastbound, Drumbridges Off slip road – Lane closure for barrier/Fence Safety Repairs.
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.