A HEATWAVE warning has been issued for parts of the UK as temperatures are set to soar.
In its latest newsletter Devon County Council reports that temperatures will climb over the weekend and into next week, with the hottest conditions expected in the South West on Monday, July 11, and Tuesday, July 12.
And the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) warn that temperatures will stay high until next Friday 15 July.
They’ve issued guidance, and ask us all to prepare for the warm weather:
- shade or cover windows exposed to direct sunlight – external shutters or shades
- are very effective, internal blinds or curtains are less effective but cheaper and easier to install
- check that windows or vents can be opened
- if applicable, check mechanical ventilations systems are switched on and operating in summer mode
- check that fridges, freezers and fans are working properly
- check medicines can be stored according to the instructions on the packaging
They also ask people to check in on their vulnerable family, friends and neighbours to make sure they are prepared for the warm weather ahead.